CCLD Tuition Scholarship Application
Eligibility: The $1,800.00 scholarship is open to state residents currently enrolled in teacher-preparation programs in an accredited college or university in Colorado. Applicants must have a plan of study or be working towards a degree in special education with the intent of securing a generalist license or special education endorsement to support students with learning disabilities. Applicants must complete at least one half of their program and have an overallcumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher in their special education coursework.
Benefits: Recipients also receive a one-year membership to the Council for Learning Disabilities (CLD) and the Colorado Council for Learning Disabilities (CCLD). Award checks will be presented at the Math on the “Planes” Conference on February 24, 2018. Recipients will be featured in an article in the CCLD newsletter and will receive national recognition in LD Forum, the newsletter for the Council for Learning Disabilities.
Required Documents for Consideration:
• Documentation of residency: o Attach the most recent tuition statement from school of attendance indicating that in-state tuition has been applied
• Most recent official, sealed college transcript (Students in a postbaccalaureate program must also include a sealed transcript of undergraduate study)
• Three letters of recommendation: Two letters must be from professors in the Special Education Program and one must address the applicant’s status with his/her plan of study. The third letter must be from a site supervisor and speak to the applicant’s ability to work with children/youth and colleagues.
• 500 Word Essay: “What Makes an Effective Teacher for Students with Learning Disabilities?”
• Autobiography (see Application Form for details)